Dr. Michelle Jorgensen is an author, speaker, teacher, biologic/holistic dentist, and health and wellness provider. After practicing traditional dentistry for 10 years, Dr. Jorgensen became very sick. Through her own journey to return to health, she discovered she had mercury poisoning from drilling out mercury fillings for her patients. She was concerned that there may be other health-threatening materials or procedures in dentistry, and led her to the Biologic/Holistic Dentistry field.
For the last 10 years she has been paving the way in Biologic/Holistic dentistry, learning from pioneers all over the world. She has created the Total Care Dental Way, a patient CARE centric, health focused method for treating dental and over all health. Patients from around the world seek out her care, and come to Total Care Dental to have their health restored.
She has received certifications as a Therapeutic Nutritional Counselor, a Certified Nutritional AutoImmune Specialist, and is currently enrolled in a program to become a Board Certified Traditional Naturopath. She completed a Holistic Dental Mini-Residency, and is pursuing ongoing training from Swiss Biohealth in Switzerland and Costa Rica.
Dr. Jorgensen also teaches and coaches groups of dental professionals across the country who come to learn from Dr. Jorgensen. Her goal is to change the way dentists look at health. She started and hosts a study group of Alternative Care Practitioners, where they teach each other and collaborate together for better patient care. This group includes Chiropractors, Naturopaths, MDs, Nurse Practitioners, Energy Workers and more.
A prolific writer, she has authored hundreds of blog posts and articles about dentistry, health and nutrition. Her first Book, Healthy Mouth, Healthy YOU will be published by the end of 2018 and for sale on Amazon.com. She is coauthoring a book about patient CARE with an internationally known expert on Lean Management, Karyn Ross, and the Owner of Dental Boot Kamp, Suzanne Blac. Watch for that release in 2019.
Since founding Total Care Dental in 2001 her dental practice has helped over 20,000 patients in Utah. Dr. Jorgensen and her team have been awarded the Dental Team of the Year and the Dental Practice of the Year at the Prestigious Crown Council Member’s Choice Award. They were also recipients of the Best in State in Utah Award.
Each year Dr. Jorgensen and her team donate thousands of dollars’ worth of free dental care to the Food & Care Coalition Dental Clinic, which serves those who are underprivileged and working to get back on their feet.
When not at work Dr. Jorgensen is busy with her husband, four children, and her own mini-farm, where she loves to grow, harvest and preserve her own food. She loves to read and has a huge library of books on homesteading, gardening, natural health, herbology and so much more.
- Brigham Young University, Biology
- Creighton University Dental School, DDS Degree
- Therapeutic Nutritional Counselor certification
- Certified Nutritional AutoImmune Specialists
- Holistic Dentistry Mini-Residency
- Nerve Express advanced Practitioner Training on Heart Rate Variability
- Lightwalker laser Advanced training
- Mollica Ozone Training
- Swiss Biohealth User Course
- Choukroun PRF Training
- Exceptional Dental Functional Oral Systemic Health Training
- Karen’s Energy Empowered courses
- Cosmetic training with Cosmodent Center for Esthetic Excellence
- Kois center Master track – with John Kois
- Practical Clinical Courses with Gordon Christensen
- Advanced cosmetic training with William Strupp
- Whitecap Institute mini- residency in implants
- All on four training with Nobel Biocare
- Conscious sedation with DOCS
- Dawson Center for jaw and bite training
- Rehabilitative locked in denture training at USC